In order to qualify for the HRSA scholarship, students must:
• Have a high school diploma or GED
• Secure up-to-date/current FBI, PA criminal, and PA child abuse clearances
• Be newly enrolled (starting fall 2015) in the social work foundation certificate
or drug & alcohol diploma program
• Take a minimum of 9 credits per semester (SOW or D&A certificate courses)
• Be eligible for ENG 100
• Maintain and/or currently have a 2.0 GPA
• Commit to complete a 200 hour practicum/field placement experience (courses SOW
110P & SOW 118P)
• Possess a strong desire to work with at-risk children, youth, teens, and their
This opportunity is currently open to all past, present, and future CCAC students. Each student will be required to sign a written agreement committing to complete the SOW or D&A program within one academic school year (completing summer 2016). Students will also be required to develop a professional development portfolio, attend monthly cohort meetings, and complete an entrance and exit interview. Students will have the option to complete their SOW or D&A program online and/or on campus. Individuals that currently work in the field and/or currently have degrees are also strongly encouraged to apply. All interested students must initially meet with the program director in person at CCAC South Campus: 1750 Clairton Road, West Mifflin, PA 15122.
To schedule a meeting, please contact Christopher Robinson at email@example.com or (412) 469-6229 office. This program is funded by the U.S. Department of Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA).